Nature has since time immemorial mesmerized humans with its array of astonishing flora and fauna. An oyster is one such example. Oysters on their own are not attractive, but it offers humans one of the most beautiful gems, pearl. These organic gems are a prized possession of any woman. Diamonds are for the girls whereas pearls are the choice of women of character and power.
Pearls are produced inside the mollusks. Most of the organic gems extracted from these mollusks are white in color; with overtones of silver, cream or pink. But there is one pearl which has hypnotized the fairer sex with its stunning black shade; Tahitian. Tahitian pearls are famous for their dark colors. They are the most sought after sea gems; adored and idolized by queens, actresses, celebrities, models and ordinary women alike.
A Tahitian pearl is formed inside black lip oyster called Pinctada Margaritifera, found off the pristine blue lagoons of French Polynesia. They are rare because they are found in small quantities, that too after opening thousands of oysters. This scarcity has enhanced its demand and desire. These black beauties are mysterious, challenging and a symbol of authority.
On the other hand cultured black pearls are found in large numbers. While a Tahitian organic gem is perfectly round, dark with overtones of green, pink, blue, silver, yellow and purple, cultured black pearls are found in an array of shapes and sizes making them a craftsman’s delight; because of their versatility.
Tahitian organic gems are large in size, and can reach up to 16mm in size, whereas cultured South Sea black pearl, produced from Pinctada Maxima can grow even bigger. They are typically graded as A, B, C and D, depending on their surface attributes.
Tahitian pearl jewelry is every woman’s dream come true, which includes the following.
- Necklaces – Tahitian pearl necklaces are designed in long lengths; above 18″, which are generally worn on formal dresses and gowns.
- Rings – They are made from a single pearl of varying sizes but suitably complemented by diamonds, rubies, sapphires and other precious stones.
- Earrings – Cluster, chandelier, dangle and hoop are some of the popular earring designs, but the one which blows away a woman off her feet is a pair of single, large pearl stud set in white gold.
- Pendants – Bunny ears, flower petals, Queen’s crown and simple hook designs complement chains of any length and material.
Latest posts by Emma (see all)
- The Best Pearls can be yours with Black Friday Sales - November 28, 2013
- Indulge in Cyber Monday Jewelry Sales to Take Advantage of the Best Offers - November 28, 2013
- Enhance Your Jewelry Collection with Thanksgiving Pearl Sales - November 28, 2013