Summerfest 2017 – What to Wear: How to Dress for the Music Festival
Summerfest 2017 is almost here! The World’s Largest Music Festival is expected to reel in about 900,000 people to the Milwaukee lakefront area. The 11-day celebration takes place at the 75-acre Henry Maier Festival Park. And, this year’s lineup of performers features everything from rock and roll to hip hop, from jazz to rap, from old school to Reggae.
If you plan on attending the Summerfest this year, you want to look good! Whether you’re single or going with a date, summer fashion will be in full bloom. And, there will be no shortage of fashion blogs with advice on pairing short-shorts with crop tops.
But, you also want to be comfortable and protected from the sun. So, what do you wear to Summerfest 2017?
Planning for Summerfest 2017
This year marks the 50th anniversary of the music festival named the World’s Largest Music Festival by the Guinness Book of World Records. So, the lineup, exhibits and scheduled events will be more amazing than ever!
These are the dates to remember for Summerfest 2017:
- Opens Wednesday, June 28
- Closes Sunday, July 2
- Reopens Tuesday, July 4
- Recloses Sunday, July 9
- Closed from Noon to Midnight on July 3
Free Admission: Go Red Day to Summerfest 2017
Before we dive into summer fashion tips for this 11-day music festival, we want to share some information we stumbled across. On Friday, June 30, between 12 noon and 3:00 PM, you can get into Summerfest for free.
Anyone wearing a red shirt to the Milwaukee music festival or comes to Summerfest with a famous Sendik’s Red Bag will get ONE FREE WEEKDAY ADMISSION TICKET. It’s only valid for the time and day of the promotion. Simply stop by the booth for Mid Gate Promotions. You’ll receive your free ticket there.
What to Wear to Summerfest 2017 for Style & Comfort
Let’s face it. This music festival takes place on 75 acres of Wisconsin land. That means a great deal of walking and standing, and standing and walking. There will be lines, giveaways, food vendors, family activities, special attractions, performances, Street Team events and more.
So, the last thing you want to do is wear something that looks awesome but makes you too uncomfortable to truly enjoy your day. You want to look good, but comfort (and protecting yourself from the harsh summer sun) should also be priorities.
5 Fashion Tips for Summerfest 2017
Here are five simple fashion tips to ensure that you’re comfy while still being in-style while celebrating music at Summerfest:
- Birkenstocks – The most common shoes for women to wear at a summer music festival are flat sandals and flip flops. You grab them instinctively because it’s so hot outside. But, what havoc they wreak on your back and feet as the day goes on. For events like festivals, where you’ll be doing a lot of standing and walking, you need shoes with arch support. Birkenstock sandals are sensible shows. And, they go with just about anything. We learned just how versatile these sandals are when Reese Witherspoon sported Birkenstocks in “Wild.”
- Jeans Shorts – There’s no other apparel material more resilient than denim. It’s durable enough to survive such music festival fashion disasters as Port-A-Potty mishaps, dropped hot dog fixings, spilled drinks and mud pit fiascos. No matter what fun you get yourself into at Summerfest, your jeans will pull through. Plus, jeans go with anything. Want to add a little unique flair, bedazzle your jeans with rhinestones and pearls.
- Loose-Fitting Tees – Wearing snug tank tops and crop tops to an outside festival on a warm summer day may sound like the fashionable thing to do. But, that’s a sure-fire way to get yourself a nice, painful, irritating case of sunburn. The summer heat can be torturous. Oversized, loose fitting t-shirts will help you stay cooler while protecting your shoulders from the unforgiving sun.
- Hoodie – Yes, this may sound unnecessary in the summertime. But, July nighttime temperatures in Milwaukee are generally as low as 64 degrees. So, once the sun sets, you’ll probably need something to fight the chill. A hoodie goes with just about anything and comes in numerous colors and styles.
- Blanket Scarf – These are giant versions of scarves, so huge they can double as blankets. Yours will come in handy when that 64-degree nighttime chill hits Milwaukee’s Summerfest. Plus, instead of having to tote a blanket around for sitting on the ground, just lay your blanket scarf out, and whoala… you’re ready for the world.
Fashion Accessories for Summerfest 2017
When it comes to accessories for the famous Milwaukee music festival, you want to stand out from the crowd. Why wear what everyone else is wearing when you can set your own fashion trends?
Pearls make a very unique fashion statement, especially when wearing custom pearl jewelry. You can buy loose pearls and create your own DIY jewelry. Or, build a pearl necklace from the Pearl Moments Collection at The Pearl Source.
Latest posts by Kiesha Joseph (see all)
- Pearl Value: How Much Are Pearls Worth in 2018? - December 15, 2017
- 10 Home Decor Trends to Watch for in 2018: Colors, Patterns, Pearls & More - December 13, 2017
- Natural Pearls VS Cultured Pearls: Benefits & Differences - December 11, 2017