Earrings are one of the oldest forms of body decoration accessories.
An earring, like other adornments, makes a woman look beautiful. Earrings are crafted in different designs; each design transforms a woman’s personality in a different way. Some designs make her look innocent, some make her look attractive and mystical while there are other designs which gives her personality a “difficult to get” aura.
Pearl earrings are versatile adornments.
Earrings come in five basic styles.
- Clip-on earrings: There are women who do not like to pierce their ears. Clip-on earrings are meant for such people. These easy to wear and maintenance free earrings not only enhances the facial value but prevents disfigurement of earlobe. It can also be worn by women who have their ears pierced. Clip-on earrings are easy to clean and complement younger women extremely well.
- Stud Earrings: Stud earrings are classic jewelry pieces. These are typically designed with a single large pearl such as white South sea pearl or black Tahitian pearl set in white gold. Stud earrings make a woman look younger and innocent. It can be worn on all occasions including engagements and birthdays. These are simple yet elegant. Stud earrings are timeless beauties. Another advantage with this design is that it doesn’t get caught up in the hair.
- Hoop Earrings: Perfect round Akoya pearls set in 24 carat ring or a single Akoya pearl hanging from a sterling silver ring looks great on any outfit. Hoop earrings are meant for women of substance. Regal, sophisticated and enchanting they can be worn for parties or corporate meetings.
- Drop or Dangle: White gold is the preferred precious metal while crafting drop earrings. These are generally interspersed with other precious stones such as diamonds and emeralds. A drop earring comes in many intricate designs. These creative pieces of pearl jewelry change a woman’s personality by making her look mature and authoritative. Drop or dangle earrings are good for formal occasions. It complements gowns very well.
- Cluster Earrings: Clusters of South Sea pearls hanging from silver sterling wire is one of the most popular design in this category. The other designs which are equally popular are the chandelier, water fall and grape clusters.
Latest posts by Emma (see all)
- The Best Pearls can be yours with Black Friday Sales - November 28, 2013
- Indulge in Cyber Monday Jewelry Sales to Take Advantage of the Best Offers - November 28, 2013
- Enhance Your Jewelry Collection with Thanksgiving Pearl Sales - November 28, 2013