One of the most popular jewelry styles this year is the cluster look. This consists of a bunch of different sizes and colors joined together either by a pin, thread or special jeweler`s glue.
Cluster jewelry usually comes in the form of rings, earrings or pendant necklaces and has an ultra modern look.
Making your Cluster Jewelry
- Choose your pearls – The first step is to find your pearls. You may have some pearls already, or you can buy loose pearls matching what you are after. You can get a range of pearls which are all the same or of varying sizes. If you are wanting to make earrings, make sure that you get two of each kind.
- Find your fittings. You need to get the earring or necklace fittings and some strong thread.
- Thread just over half of the pearls onto the thread (do this twice for the earrings) and attach to the fitting.
- Thread the remaining pearls onto another thread and loop this through the first set and tighten to create that cluster look.
- Trim off the left over thread.
Why Make your Own?
There are two really good reasons to make your own jewelry. The first one is the financial reason. It is a lot less expensive to make your own jewelry than to buy it. The other reason is that it fun and gives you the opportunity to make a piece of jewelry which is truly individual.
So why not have a go, see what you can come up with and then show your friends what you have achieved.